Wednesday 16 January 2013

Day 5: Layers

 The day after the power outage, I came to the house and worked but didn't document very much.

I pinned the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria brochure to the bulletin board in the kitchen.



I continued to tear up the chipboard subfloor in the south bedroom.
I found a lot more vintage linoleum: layers.


It was hard to believe that new flooring was laid directly on top old but I guess that's the way it was done back then. Probably, for added insulation.


 One of the most beautiful things about this area of the city is the nights. 
Perhaps because we are on a hill and not right down in the city, in Townsite, the night sky is huge and dark blue-black. You can see so many stars from Humber.


This picture is for Daniel, a nocturne exterior of the house.

1 comment: