Monday 20 May 2013

Day 14: Indoor Outdoor

Tackled the stairs again. Removing old carpet from these is a very tough job.


There is a large amount of sediment and dirt under the old carpet and underlay.
Vinyl gloves and a respirator have become my new best friends.


Removing tack strip and pulling out every single nail, staple and takes hours but must be done.



It was still really cold outside but I wanted to prune the Lilac trees before they started to bud.
I read in a gardening book that the old flowers should be removed to promote new growth.


New pruning shears.
I buy things as I need them.
A stepladder and lawnmower will be next, as well as paint for the deck.


Lilac tree pruned.
I love pruning. It's very satisfying to trim dead wood.


Old welcome mat.

New welcome mat.

Really looking forward to painting the deck a new colour.

















No comments:

Post a Comment